8 Things I learned about Taos
- Builders in New Mexico use adobe like it grows on trees.
| The eye of Sauron watches over this window grate |
- If the blue meth made its way up from Albuquerque, it's not in Taos. At least not in any of the convenience stores I went into.
- Everything here is "historic," which is code for janky.
| I took a historic poop, because I'm a patriot |
- The skies are cloudless and gigantic
| Lake Williams, near Taos Valley Ski Area |
- On every street corner is a coffee shop, and each is filled with anti-Monsanto bumper stickers and quinoa no-bake cookies
- The ratio of people to dogs rivals Telluride, the most doggiest city in America*
- At least thrice per day, a fire truck or ambulance went screaming down the street. Taos is a tiny little tourist town, I can't imagine what all the fuss is about.
- Restaurants, in general, had crappy service
| Do you need more time to decide? |
* Source: My brain.
Comments
Post a Comment