falls creek: there and back again

My company works with the Kangaroo Hoppet, Australia's largest cross-country skiing event. I built the registration form. On Friday I was to go with my coworker up to Mt. Beauty to assist with the race, to answer any questions they may have about the system when on-site.
Well, the coworker got sick, so it was thrust upon me to rent a car and get up there myself.



Normally, I would research a trip and find out what to do when i got there, but this was totally out of nowhere; I was expecting my coworker to be my guide.
We drove out of Melbourne through the little country towns down into the beautiful valley around Mt. Beauty in Australia's "alpine country".



Alpine country in Colorado means 10,000 feet. Here it means about 4000.

Dinner in Mt. Beauty
If you're wondering, I did not eat the Tavern Boner steak. But I'd be lying if i said I wasn't a bit curious.


Alpine country here is crazy. It's like rainforest covered in snow. No pine trees like back home, just tropical plants and trees drenched in sloshy wet snow.



And finally, a country rainbow. I did get to see my first group (herd?) or kangaroos in the wild.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding pics/story are here

Singapore: the durian taste test

evolution of y'all