8 Things I learned about Taos

  • Builders in New Mexico use adobe like it grows on trees.

The eye of Sauron watches over this window grate


  • If the blue meth made its way up from Albuquerque, it's not in Taos. At least not in any of the convenience stores I went into.
  • Everything here is "historic," which is code for janky.

I took a historic poop, because I'm a patriot


  • The skies are cloudless and gigantic

Lake Williams, near Taos Valley Ski Area


  • On every street corner is a coffee shop, and each is filled with anti-Monsanto bumper stickers and quinoa no-bake cookies
  • The ratio of people to dogs rivals Telluride, the most doggiest city in America*
  • At least thrice per day, a fire truck or ambulance went screaming down the street. Taos is a tiny little tourist town, I can't imagine what all the fuss is about.
  • Restaurants, in general, had crappy service
Do you need more time to decide?



* Source: My brain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding pics/story are here

Singapore: the durian taste test

and so it goes