New Zealand: Milford Track Day 0

Fly Melbourne to Christchurch to Queenstown. this is the first thing we saw of the south island:


when i was in Taupo (pronounced either Taw-Poh or Toe-Paw, depending on if you're a Kiwi or Maori), NZ (on the north island), a local told me that the south island's scenery was much more "dramatic". Now i know what she meant.
 
The air new Zealand safety video had actors as flight attendants wearing body paint uniforms. "air new Zealand - we've nothing to hide". Weird.

Queenstown is on the edge of lake Te Anau (pronounced Tee-Ahh-Now)



It's so beautiful I can't believe it. We could have spent days here just exploring the area around the town.

Huge rocky mountains like CO.



Tourist town like beaver creek or vail. Tshirt shops everywhere, lots of American accents. Our hotel is right on the edge of the water.

The next day we start our 4 day backpack trip across the 53k Milford Track in Fiodland National Park .
I'll post the first couple days' worth of pics soon, but the last two days will have to wait, as I left my camera (which had my 2nd memory card in it) on the bus and I'm going to have to wait for them to ship it back to me.

Comments

  1. Air New Zealand: Not much to look at, is it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding pics/story are here

Singapore: the durian taste test

evolution of y'all