Snowshoeing in rocky mountain national park

One of the things I missed during my time in Australia  was the beautiful snow-capped mountains of Colorado. We did get to see some elevation (including snowy peaks in New Zealand), and even spent a weekend at an Australian ski resort (no skiing, it was a work thing), but they were nothing like the ones back home.

So of course, I was eager for ski and snowshoe season this last winter.

balanced rock, north side

view of cub lake from above. this was a tough hike

 snow deep.


this trail to Lake of Glass/Sky Pond is only accessible in winter because i literally hiked over Timberline falls to get to it. Yes, it is really as steep as it looks. getting down, and had to slide, using my snowshoes as rudders. awesome.


 but that treacherous steep climb yielded this incredible result at Lake of Glass

Comments

  1. beautiful! I am alarmed to find that you are more intrepid than I am, even when you are at home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding pics/story are here

Singapore: the durian taste test

evolution of y'all