London Part I: the pre-trip nightmare

Sunday march 20th

To DIA for 4 pm flight to lax then connect in LAX to heathrow. Except the 4 pm flight was delayed so long I would miss the connection. My luggage, however did make the flight. So I got a new flight for tomorrow

Monday march 21st

My new flight takes me to LAX, and then to find my bags. No one knows where they are. Go to check in for my London flight, and they tell me it's the wrong flight; I wasn't supposed to connect from lax. The supervisor at American airlines in Denver hosed me. And also, my passport has a corner torn, so American won't let me fly with that passport. And they found my luggage, it was sent back to Denver.
Stayed at the radisson in LA. At some point in the day I had cut my toe, leaving my sock a bloody mess.

 it's better if you don't see it.

I only have the one pair of socks as my luggage is in space somewhere.

Tuesday march 22nd

6 am cab to the LA federal building to get a new passport.



I'm first in line. But I don't have an appointment, so everyone else gets to go first while I make my appt. Have to leave my bag at the passport photo shop because I can't take a camera into the federal building. So I wait in line for several hours to expedite my new passport. Wander around downtown LA for awhile. Eat some inn n out burger.

 it almost makes it all better




Return back to get my passport, have to leave my bag with the passport guy again. He tells me he has to leave at 3. I'm waiting til 2:30, 2:45, thinking since the passport place closes at 3 as well, might have to choose between my bag and my new passport. Luckily I get both just in the nick of time.
Back to lax to board my flight, only 72 hours late. Worst travel experience ever.

Comments

  1. what a nightmare! A torn corner - really? I didn't know that would make any difference to anyone. Why would they care about that? I'm glad you made it to London safely, eventually. (I am guessing that you did, anyway.) And ouch on the toe! I don't know why foot injuries hurt more than other ones, but they just do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding pics/story are here

Singapore: the durian taste test

evolution of y'all